The five essential phone screen questions to get qualified software engineers
|Von roger @ 03:23||[ Diverses ]|
For development manager, this article is probably a good reference when you are doing phone screen to eliminate non-qualifed software engineers. Steve has come up with five essential questions for first phone-screen with an software development engineer candidate:Via Lifehack.org
- Coding. The candidate has to write some simple code, with correct syntax, in C, C++, or Java.
- OO design. The candidate has to define basic OO concepts, and come up with classes to model a simple problem.
- Scripting and regexes. The candidate has to describe how to find the phone numbers in 50,000 HTML pages.
- Data structures. The candidate has to demonstrate basic knowledge of the most common data structures.
- Bits and bytes. The candidate has to answer simple questions about bits, bytes, and binary numbers.